"There will be a day when you can no longer do this. Today is not that day."

Don't know where it came from originally, but it's one hell of a motivator.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fifth Race!

The Spring Cross-Country Classic 2010 was just about the same time as my last 5K race.  At least it's good to know that I'm not getting slower.  Actually, considering this was an awesome trail race with some solid hills and sand, I guess I ran a bit faster than my last 5K.  As always, I got out of the gate a bit too fast (1st mile was 6:47) and burned myself out by the time I was on the hills in the second loop.  Finished strong when I saw the clock ticking towards 23:00. My legs feel pretty weka right now which I attribute to the race + yesterday's 8 miler.  I have another 5K race tomorrow, a charity road race, and unless my legs get some good rest today, it might just have to be a recovery run.  First 10 K in a week and I don't want to totally wear my legs out!

Saw some Dailymilers (@lizz7l and @sarahsdailymile) and other new running buddies out there.  Fun event!  Didn't stay for the potluck or the egg toss.  May partake in the beer garden next year, though.

Race #: 5
Distance: 5K
Type: Trail
Bib #: 1208
Time: 22:59
Pace: 7:24/mi.
Place: Men's: 41/128 (AG: 6/9)

Next Race: 4/25/10: Dash For Darfur 5K


No comments:

Post a Comment