"There will be a day when you can no longer do this. Today is not that day."

Don't know where it came from originally, but it's one hell of a motivator.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Race Four!

Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure:

AMAZING!  The event was huge and crazy and so much fun!  So proud of our whole team, The Boob Battalion, for coming out, raising money, and finishing the race.

I started the race a little too fast since I was up front.  I finished the first mile in around 6:45 and had to slow down because I knew I'd burn myself out.  At around 2 miles, Russ, who started a little after me caught up and ran with me a but before taking off to finish the race in a blistering 22:07.  My goal was to get around a 23:00 and as I was rounding the turn to the finish, I saw the second hand of the clock slowly ticking towards that time.  This was definitely a case of leaving it all out on the course since I pushed all the way through to the end and hit my goal!  Beat my fastest 5K race time by 2 minutes (and that's after yesterday's 5 mile trail run)!!!

Race #: 4
Distance: 5K
Bib #: 351
Time: 22:56
Pace: 7:23 min./mi.
Place: 140/1108 (AG 24/121)


Next Race: May 2, 2010: Tucson Heart Group Cinco de Mayo 10K

No comments:

Post a Comment