"There will be a day when you can no longer do this. Today is not that day."

Don't know where it came from originally, but it's one hell of a motivator.

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Next Mile

As you may have noticed, I've changed the name and function of this blog.  Gone is the cheesy nickname and in its place are the words that inspire me.  The Next Mile is a philosophy with no end.  There is always a new challenge.  Every mile is a chance to become a stronger, better me.  I am in the endless pursuit to understand who I am on the other side of The Next Mile.

I have a tattoo that quotes Dante.  In the Inferno, he wrote: "Consider your origins.  You were not made to live like brutes but to pursue virtue and knowledge."  I live by this.  Through running, I am pursuing the virtue of a stronger body, mind, and soul.  I am pursuing the knowledge of myself; of a stronger, better me.  Beyond The Next Mile is the best, most virtuous, most knowledgeable version of me.  This pursuit is life-long.  There is no end, there is only The Next Mile.

Beyond The Next Mile is...

No comments:

Post a Comment