"There will be a day when you can no longer do this. Today is not that day."

Don't know where it came from originally, but it's one hell of a motivator.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

C25K Warrior!

Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Swet Willie and I'm a C25K Warrior.

First, the name.  Well, that's kind of a weird story.  If you're really interested in where it came from, find Maggie K. (in Tucson) on Dailymile.com and ask her (also, tell her how awesome she's doing with her run training!).  I'm sure she'll be happy to tell you.  After all, she was there when it was invented.

Ok, the C25K Warrior thing.  For those of you who don't know, C25K stands for Couch to 5K.  Technically, I took a bit of a different route to get to the 5K training than you're ordinary C25Ker.  In fact, I didn't hear of C25K until over a year after I started getting fit and healthy and 2 weeks after I started actually training for my first 5K!  C25K Warrior is a term I made up meaning that while my first race is going to be a 5K, I am not even close to stopping there.  Here's my race schedule for 2010:

March 13: Midtown SerToMa 5K for the Arizona School for the Deaf and Blind
April 11: Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K
May 2: Tucson Heart Group Cinco de Mayo 10K
July 4: Holualoa Firecracker Triathlon
November 7: Saguaro Physicians 5K
December 12: Holualoa Tucson Half Marathon

If I can complete this, I will indeed be a C2-Half Marathon Warrior!  That Half Marathon is pretty damn intimidating but honestly, so were the other fitness and health goals I've reached in the last 15 months.  But I am passionate and motivated and I know I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment