"There will be a day when you can no longer do this. Today is not that day."

Don't know where it came from originally, but it's one hell of a motivator.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Race Week

It is officially RACE WEEK!!!  Only 4 more days before my first 5K and I am PUMPED!  Here's my plan for my last week of training (which will be easier since I was laid off today):

Monday: Well, since I've already completed my Monday training I'll just summarize.  Ran 3.75 miles on the race course at about 8 min/mi.

Tuesday: Run minimum of 4 miles and maximum of 5 miles at Reid Park at a lower than 9 min/mi. pace. Late class.  Took the evening off.


Wednesday: Gym Day!  Warm up with elliptical then lift weights and give my legs (and the rest of me) a really good stretch and workout. 5K run at Reid Park at 8 min/mi.


Thursday: 5K run at Reid Park at 8 min/mi. Gym Day! Warm up with elliptical then lift weights and give my legs (and the rest of me) a really good stretch and workout.


Friday: Chill Out!  No running, no weights, no stupid activity that's gonna get me injured the day before the race (because I'm just that lucky).  Some good stretching, maybe some yoga at home. Biked 5.5 miles to stretch the legs and get some exercise in before the big day.


Saturday: RACE DAY!  KICK SOME ASS!!!


*All of the above is weather-permitting.  We've gotten some pretty stormy weather round these parts the last few days but I have a good feeling that it's going to be clear skies all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment