"There will be a day when you can no longer do this. Today is not that day."

Don't know where it came from originally, but it's one hell of a motivator.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Second Race!


The Sierra Morado 5K Walk/Run by Pulte Homes started off AMAZING. I was keeping pace with some of the top runners and was in the top ten pack (the guy in first was WAY in front and killed the rest of us). Unfortunately, I misjudged the distance and sprinted up a dirt hill thinking the finish was just beyond that. Turns out it was a little more than a half mile further down the course. My sprint took a lot out of me and my legs and slowed me down significantly for the last section of the race. I'm certain had I just kept my pace/known where the finish was, I would have finished within the top ten and somewhere around a 7:30 min/mi pace. However, I am proud to say that even with that disappointing setback, I was able to finish strong, sprinting the last bit through the finish. Here are my results:
Race #: 2
Distance: 5K (3.1 mi)
Bib #: 391 
Time: 25:42 
Pace: 8:17/mi 
Place:
14/142 overall

P.S. Kudos to Aaron as well for finishing the race strong! (gotta get him on DM)
P.P.S. I gotta get a pedometer/interval watch or a Garmin to track my distance and progress so this doesn't happen again :(

Next Race: April 10: Catalina State Park 5.2 & 10.35 Mile Trail Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment