"There will be a day when you can no longer do this. Today is not that day."

Don't know where it came from originally, but it's one hell of a motivator.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It just gets better and better...


I had planned to do a light running warm up before yoga but it turned into a fullout run at a pace faster than I've ever done before. I started at an 8 min/mi pace, which was my racing pace.  Instead of lowering the speed on the treadmill when I got tired, I raised it, pushing myself even harder.  For the last 3/4 of a mile, I was running at a 7 min/mi pace and when I finished, it felt AMAZING.  I turned in a 23:34 5K.  This pace would have lifted me up to 26th place in the last race I was in.  I'm getting better and faster and loving every second of it!


And to add to the excitement of the day, when I stepped on the scale, it read a feathery 165 lbs.  15 months ago, I weighed 235 lbs. and when I started to get healthy and fit, I made 165 lbs. my ultimate weight loss goal.  It took a lot of time and hard work but I lost 70 lbs.  That's 30% of my body weight!  But I'm not going to sit on my much slimmer laurels.  My new goal is a further transformation of my body.  While the loss of 70 lbs. of fat has given me a more svelte figure, it is still going to take some time to get my body into tip top shape.  But if reaching this goal is any indication, I'm looking forward to conquering this too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment